Today's article uses a sledgehammer to nail in thumbtacks - but it works at making shortcuts to browser bookmarks.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Try as I might, I couldn't come up with an easier way to accomplish this goal. I looked for browser plugins, but nothing doing...

Feedback is awesome.

The easiest way is to use Ulauncher then add the extension for the browsers you are using.
It is extremely useful, especially for those that prefer the KB over using a mouse. You can control volume, search , open bookmarks, files, etc.

Another option is Autokey.
AutoKey is a desktop automation utility for Linux and X11. It allows the automation of virtually any task by responding to typed abbreviations and hotkeys. It offers a full-featured GUI that makes it highly accessible for novices, as well as a scripting interface offering the full flexibility and power of the Python language.

Ah, I searched for browser extensions. I tried 'em all, or so it feels like. I may give Ulauncher a try.

I wrote the article about a week ago and I've adapted to my shortcuts already. One bonus being that I don't have to install anything new. So far, I've only needed to use CTRL + SHIFT modifiers, which keeps them out of the way of system shortcuts.

It's definitely a brutish way of doing this, but it works.

Members online