Today's article tells you how to find out what applications you have installed.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
This article existed on the previous site, but was only relevant to distros that had dpkg. This article expands on that, includes the info for flatpak and snaps, and has a lot more information.

Feedback is pretty awesome! (Also, feel free to add any ways for the more obscure distros on the site, if you're so inclined.)

i replied not sure it went

on arch you can filter down only lising explicitly installed packages using:

sudo pacman -Qe

//above corrected and updated

to show dep tree for a <pkg> its

sudo pactree <pkg>

i couldn't see Slackware in your article (must be something to d owith the lighting here ?) it would be
ls /var/log/packages - i can't check that anymore i've gone Arch solo

Last edited:
No, there was no Slack in my article. I have a Slackware install, so I could test things in there. I just seldom think of it.

Also, your message went through just fine. It no longer requires manual approval for *your* posts. The system knows your name/email address and you've had an approved comment already, so your comments don't need approval by me.

I'd like to change that number to 3 manually approved posts, but I haven't looked into it. I should probably find the time to do so.

Thanks for the additional info!

not sure if it was the wine but the command sudo pacman -Qed should have been :

sudo pacman -Qe

I just seldom think of it.

A deal sealer for me today was that i got everything i wanted configured on vhosts apache , etc on Arch . For everything else its common stuff but there is a better repo and i like the package manager Arch.

So for me and Salckware maybe a year or so down the road ; do you remember that track by Leornard Cohen :
I don't mean to suggest that I loved you the best
I can't keep track of each robin
I remember you well in theChelsea Hotel
That's all, I don't even think of you that often

Last edited:
For redhat/centOS/fedora the rpm -qa works OK.
But I like to use ...

dnf list installed

It give slightly more info. (This works with yum also)

So for me and Salckware

I should include more Slack content. I'll try to think of it as I go. I'm not as adept in Slackware as I should be, but I know a bit.

dnf list installed

I think that's in my notes (I'm on a different computer) but in an entirely different section of my notes. I use my notes to get the articles started and often get a one-track mind thing going on. Then, I care about brevity. People don't like reading more than 3 to 5 minutes, many not even that long.

Members online