Today's article tells you how to enable x11 forwarding with SSH.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
The last article was how to set up SSH. This one tells you how to use it to forward x11 - basically how to forward GUI applications over SSH.

Google REALLY hates that I use a .gq domain name. They can be had for free - but mine is paid for. Google does not care. It pretty much refuses to index the site, regardless of what I do. I'm not a huge fan of Google, but they're kinda important on the 'net.

So, sometime in the near future, my content will move to a new domain. The old domain will stay up and running indefinitely. All services there will continue to work in perpetuity. It may be put into read-only mode for the blog, simply to save costs and resources.

I just haven't decided how to approach the new site/domain. I want to slowly/methodically import the old content while still keeping up with my publishing schedule. This, of course, means dedicating blocks of time to the task. I value my time, so we'll see how it goes.

Those signed up for the newsletter will likely get automagically imported into the new newsletter, but I don't want to inundate them with old article notifications. Still, it'll be a good chance to touch-up the older articles and get them all using a similar format.

Anyhow, as always, feedback is appreciated.

After some deliberation with myself, I came up with linux-tips.us as the new home for L-T.

I'm tempted to grab an 'l-t'.tld domain name for offering other stuff, such as chat, but I want the 'Linux' and 'tips' in the main site URL.

The domain will not resolve immediately. Domain propagation can take up to 72 hours, but it's usually much faster than that.

Staff online

Members online