Today's article is pretty different from my usual articles, and isn't limited to just Linux...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
In the article, I share how I have chosen to reduce my browser's RAM and CPU usage. I detail an extension that lets me do so, which also generates its own frustration (for my browsing habits). So, for that frustration there's one more extension I've added to the bevy of extensions and things are going just great. I've been doing it this way for more than a month now, so I'm pretty content with it.

If you're like me and have plenty of tabs open, you might just want to try this.

I do love me some feedback. This article would be useful for someone using any OS, I suppose.

Impressive.

On certain occasions I too have a bucket load of tabs open, and despite having two screens tp spread them accross, it does get somewhat 'messy'

In the midst of reading about the app in question, I came across another of their apps.... Weather Forecast....even more impressive. Anything that zooms in gel innes new australia with the speed and agility that this did....is definitely worth a second look

I will continue to look and evaluate for my purposes.

Brave Browser, also has a "block sites from autoplaying videos'

Last edited:
Yeah, it's pretty great to unload the tabs. They load rapidly when I open them, using a bit more bandwidth but I do not care. The reduction in resource usage is worth it.

I wouldn't mind, 'cause I figure unused RAM is wasted RAM, but the RAM could be used better than just used by the browser. It eventually means you have to restart the browser and deal with all that silliness. The browser also slows down the entire system - even with plenty of RAM. CPU usage is somewhat minimal, but it still saves some. The savings are not as drastic, however.

I only have 81 tabs open in this browser!

Remember the bottle of Jack Daniels ?....well........... we imbibed...

and the imbibing carried over into shunday....

I forgot to mention this yesterday. This is the weather plugin that I use:

I don't even see my desktop and I spend most of my time in a browser window. So, I don't mind adding useful extensions.

Members online