Today's article is about creating and enabling a swapfile.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
It's a bit more advanced than some other articles, but not really difficult.

Feedback is awesome.

In the 11th paragraph (approx)
Why 8 gigabytes when I have ample RAM and an SSD? Because I want want to worry about ever it again

typo

Sweet catch! I'll fix that now. Thanks! I try to keep the grammar and typographical errors to a dull roar, but proofreading your own stuff can be pretty difficult.

In a way, I'm kinda reminded of the psychology behind the way we read things. We don't look at letters so much as we look at words. You can even scramble the the words and, so long as the letters are correct and the first and last letters are correct, it's still pretty easy to read it.

See:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

(I probably should have buried that in a bigger paragraph. There's an extra 'the' in the second paragraph that most folks won't pick up. It has to do with how we read.)

and.... "Because I don’t want to worry about ever it again. ".....while you are in the mood !

That's what it should say?

Because I don't want to worry about ever it again.

It may be cached, if it isn't saying that on your screen. It'll sometimes take a bit before the cache catches up.

It should read "Because I don't want to worry about it ever again”

Ha! I missed the 'it'. LOL It's past this old man's bed time.

*sighs*

Gimme a minute.

LOL There!

I suspect that got mangled when I imported it and refreshed the writing style and format. It was an article on the original site.

By the way, if I counted the original site's first publications - I'd be at a year already. Though that wasn't every other day or anything.

Members online