Today's article has you learning about a new *fetch...

RAMFAIL.png

"Support for password auth was removed....."

It surely shouldn't be asking you for that...

The author is in here, in this thread, so hopefully they'll know what's going on? I have no clue why it'd be asking you for a Git password-anything.

If you've not done so, you can try downloading it manually and then following the instructions. There should be the option to download a .zip file, which you'd then extract and follow the remaining instructions.

Yeah, I ain't got a clue what's going on with this. I've not only not seen this before, it won't accept my Github credentials.

Oh, wait...

The project is gone. Nice of 'em to tell us... Lemme do some looking around.

Alright, I'll have to update the article. The developer moved.

Follow these instructions:

That got it, thanks man! Wish I could give you two beers.

I have about a dozen nut brown ales left. Well, there should be 10 of 'em left. So, I'll be okay.

The article has also been updated to include a link to the new directions. I dunno why the author never came here to tell us.

I dunno why the author never came here to tell us.
i haven't been on linux.org for a long time and also been i learning html/css and rust

but then i got an email telling me there was a reply in the thread, i signed into my linux.org account, and replied to this prob

Last edited:
We got it sorted out and they were able to follow the new directions. I've also updated my 'review' with a link to the new instructions.

that's good

'Snot a problem. My site's one of the top 5 when one searches for 'ramfetch' at Google, so it might as well be up to date.

I have a question, if you don't mind...

What prompted you to move away from Github and pick codeberg?

What prompted you to move away from Github and pick codeberg?
gitbub was starting to get a bit boring for me and i saw some repos having to move away from github, something like ufetch

i moved to gitlab but it looked like online ms office so i moved to codeberg again, but i have a small problem where i can't see the traffic of a repo.

I've never heard of that one until now...

It's pretty small but I can probably turn it into an article of its own.

Members online