To understanding Black Arch

Lucifer_Black_devil

Reaction score
Credits
Hello sir
Black Arch is from Arch Linux family and it is very complicated than Kali Linux
But I love it

Personally, my experience was not to go straight for Linux OS aimed at pentesting but simply to install pentesting programs as a start. So for instance, even when i was on slackware i could and did get programs to pentest WordPress.

Most of the posts you see on here about users trying to install for instance kali show that they are clueless. So my advice would be to forget specific OS, go for a general OS and then you can learn about Linux and pentesting as you go . Pentesting does have its educational good points if your into web.

For instance MySQl set up has security with user and password and "grant options". However, that security of MySQl affords Zero security on a virgin installed WordPress web, because the system can be evoked , for instance to go and use the MySQl user name and password and reveal the Wordpress Admin login name.

So I recommend to Pentest your own websites that are running as a "work in progress" on "localhost" before you load them up to any live server.

Just like the tradition for "hello world" - " BTW i use vanilla Arch " :^)

Arch Linux isn't complicated but easy, weird Poll because it depends on your interest and level of experience how you view something.

Last edited:
I've removed the poll, it serves no purpose.

However, welcome to linux.org, @Lucifer_Black_devil :)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Welcome to the forums
I had Kali on a test drive for a while, didn't like it so that went.
The only arch based I have on test is Endeavour, I am not keen on Arch [but each to their own]
I also have one RHEL based distribution, Centos
Then I have about another 10 distributions on various test drives [mainly the latest releases] on top of this I have around 30 Iso's on CD/DVD some going back over 10 yrs
My daily drives run Mint, Debian stable, MX and Parrot,

If you look at YouTube there are several videos that say distro does not matter, some of them possibly tongue-in-cheek.

Some say that the desktop, or presumably a window manager, is more important. Hence, we have Ubuntu in flavours like Kubuntu, Xubuntu and Lubuntu.

Then there are derivatives of Ubuntu like Linux Mint

If you love Black Arch - why???

Does it do something that you can't do with another distro? Say, for example, Slackware.

What unique qualities does it have?

(I'm not talking about saying it will boot 2 seconds faster than XYZ Linux.)

Welcome!

Try 'em all (or at least sample one from each family of Linux) then tell us what you like and why!
The journey is more valuable than the presumed destination (becoming expert -- yeh, right!).

I set my sights in 2010 on learning Slackware -- am still headed that direction and will most likely never become an expert. But I'm having fun!

@captain-sensible -- Yes. Have it installed on a small SSD but have not gotten back to it since. Too much time spent working on my vehicles lately. Only good thing about it is they don't use gas while on jack stands!

I like the new look and feel of it is all I can say, for now!

Staff online

Latest posts