This link isn't directly about Linux. It's about Windows 10.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
The link is this:

That's what you "have to" do in order to gain some control over your Windows 10 system. Man, I am so grateful that Linux exists.

Thankfully I managed to stop mine from automatically updating, does this remove the bloatware or just stop it reporting back to ms? My pc has recently started to open the default browser on start up and the landing page is a non existent ms help page.

It looks like it stops both of those things - or at least reduces them. I'm not 100% certain because I have no idea how current Windows works. I haven't used Windows in well over a decade.

Wow.

Somebody put a lot of effort into that. I wouldn't want to disable every thing that it can, but it's worth remembering in case I ever have to use Windows again.

Somebody put a lot of effort into that.

Indeed. If I had to put that much effort into making an OS usable, I'd probably find a different solution.

It does look rather intensive. I have no idea if I'd want to disable all that stuff. I have no idea if my old Windows knowledge would even do me any good. I suspect some of it is the same.

Windows comes with lots of malware too

Last edited:

Members online