Solved THIS IS NOT A POST

Solved issue

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits
It is however, a timely reminder that I have added yet more information to my thread at...

If you are scratching your head and other bodily parts trying to figure out HOW to do a backup of your Linux.....

Then your answer is at the link above

Feel free to comment there, scratch some more, and finally get an answer.

If I cannot help, then there is sure to be someone who can.

https://rescuezilla.com/help
A great number of questions are answered by the Developer HERE, for RescueZilla

Also, once you've made your backup you've only just begun.

A copy next to you, a copy somewhere else in the house in case that drive fails, and a copy off-site in case your house burns down or the likes.

Since that wasn't a post, I thought I would add a positive post here.

1678906118952.jpeg

you're in a cheerful mood today

You say that now, but when your house gets destroyed by fire you'll be sorry.

I have a sibling who should have known better - and was easily in a position to do so. They ended up sending their drives out for professional recovery and still lost tons of meaningful data.

Sort of amusingly, my sister-in-law burnt the house down by trying to boil water. (She forgot she'd started it and left the house.)

Not to try to be a downer or anything, but my house actually did burn down in the Waldo Canyon fire in 2021. It burned down 347 houses. Fortunately I had time to grab my laptop, pc tower, and "fireproof" safe before being evacuated.

I say "fireproof" because most of these things aren't built to survive your whole house burning to the ground. They're meant to keep stuff safe until the fire truck gets to your house in a reasonable amount of time. In my case, the heat in there was high enough to warp steel I beams.

I was lucky. If the wind were different and I didn't have time to grab stuff, I would have lost everything since I had no backups.

The point is, listen to KGIII!

1678912975445.png

Staff online