This board requires newer software (Raspberry Pi 4)

Fabianroos

Reaction score
Credits
Hi! Total newbie here trying to figure out stuff! Im trying to install PiDeck, a distro for digital vinyl DJing on a raspberry pi 4 2gb. there is only 2 versions on pideck.com and Ive flashed the latest one on a micro sd card. Upon booting it gives me the error ”This board requires newer software”. Some googling says that people who get it usually have an old version of the distro but I’ve got the latest. And also I don’t get how the board knows it to be an older software, isn’t the point of linux that you can install anything anywhere basically? :)

Any insight would be super useful!
Thanks!

isn’t the point of linux that you can install anything anywhere
Welcome to the forums,
That is 85% true, but there are still odd bits of hardware and some applications that are either a pig to set up or just unsupported,
Now I know nothing about PI's, but we do have a few members round the world that may be able to help, but they will need more information, so if you can add the type [make model] of your PI if it is 32 bit [old] or 64 bit, and the processor type it may make their life easier to find you an answer, also of you add PI to your heading they are more likely to spot it

Bwiz

I moved this to single board computers.

thanks for the suggestions, i sent an email to the creator of PiDeck and got an answer now!
he said that it is built for the raspberry pi 3 and others have hacked the image to replace some boot files, anyone has a clue how to go about that to get it working on a pi 4?

Members online