There has been a giant password dump.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits

As much as I am tempted to, the idea of entering a current password in there just makes me laugh.

Do I trust cybernews.com ?

No.

Not a chance in hell.

If some bright young lad can hack etc so many sites to amass a compilation of an astronomical number of passwords, then gleaning info in the same way from cybernews.com should be a walk in the park for him/her

Exactly why I don't worry about who's looking at what or who's collecting what as eventually it's all going to be leaked out or stolen by someone.

This website is also useful to check if your password has been part of a breach.

@f33dm3bits

I use that one when breaches are reported on sites I have accounts with,

Bitwarden also has a feature to check for password breaches. Enter any random password on your entry and click the check button.

bw-password-check.png

Breachchecker.com can check your email for breaches. It is better since you can view where and when your email was breached.

Interesting.
An email address which I used from around 2011 to 2017 was, according to breaachchecker.com, breached on the 23rd April 2021
The email address was totally closed in September 2017

Let say you use that email, [email protected] to register a Facebook account in 2016. Then, that email was deleted in 2017. The hackers won't be able to login into that email on Yahoo because it was deleted already.

But Facebook still keeps your data, including your Facebook username ([email protected]) and your Facebook password. Should Facebook being breached later on in 2021, breachchecker.com will return that email. If you want to be safe, you shouldn't register a new email with the same address. The same goes for passwords.

Last edited:
As much as I am tempted to, the idea of entering a current password in there just makes me laugh.

It's just a password, dissociated with anything else. Assuming we're talking about the same page.

Type in a common password to check it - like "password$1".

You don’t need to worry about the RockYou2021 “Password Leak”. The reasons:
- These are a giant list of words – NOT new passwords.
- Nothing new or unique.
- These "passwords" are not very useful to hackers.
- You should already be using strong, unique passwords.

More details from this blog post:

Last edited:
Mozilla/Firefox has a password/email checker that warns you.

Or you can use: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Google Chrome can also check your passwords, that is if you trust Google.

Google Chrome can also check your passwords, that is if you trust Google.
Now that is damn straight......why oh why would you trust google...
And on that same note, why would you ever trust https://cybernews.com/password-leak-check/ ... or https://cybernews.com/personal-data-leak-check/ .......
Are you trying to tell me that they wont gobble up your IP address etc etc and any password which you have gullibley, trustingly entered ....and store them to either onsell to some equally nefarious characters....who will then have some number of passwords matched with certain IP addresses.....which they can then use to do what they do best.....?

Oh....they said they would not do that?...oh well!....that makes it all ok (NOT)

Members online