The volume "boot" has only 16.2 MB of disk space remaining.

calele

Reaction score
Credits
You can free up disk space by removing unused programs or files, or by moving files to another disk or partition.

Hello Everyone I just got back from a small deployment, and the first thing that all my laptops do is to scream at me for executing all updates that I haven't done since I left lol.
Well after updating my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and updating my Pycharm program, my laptop hit me with that warning. So long story short I am still a novice at Linux so I am scare to move or remove anything out of the "BOOT" folder.
There are 7 items of the "ARCHIVES" type in the boot folder from 42.8 MB to 44.3 MB they're all title more or less "initrid.img-4.10.0-33-generic" All of these look like packages and I think these are the reason why the "BOOT" folder is so full everything else are small "TEXT" and "BINARY" type files.

PLEASE ANY GUIDANCE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Very Respectfully,
calele

Hello Everyone so I went to the command line and typed: "sudo apt-get autoremove" and this remove all of those random "ARCHIVES" type files and kept the 2 most recent ones, so I think I am on the clear with this for now.
Very Respectfully,
calele

Welcome to the group, Mate. Sounds like you solved your problem nicely:D.

Happy Trails,
Paul

Staff online

Latest posts