The Perfect Frankenstein Distro?

Xfce4me

Reaction score
Credits
If you could cobble together the best parts of existing disparate Linux distros, what it look like?
First, what would your base distro be?
Second, what parts would you steal from other distros?

For example, would you use OpenSUSE as a base and add Arch features? Or would you start with KDE Neon and add Budgie desktop features? Or would you add MX Linux's semi-rolling release model to elementary OS?

Have fun with it. ;)

I would use Debian and snap onto it yay and pacman just because some just want to watch the world burn :D

Well I took Linux Mint as a base and added in KDE (Kubuntu). It works really well. I don't really understand why Mint walked away from KDE.

I haven't really thought about this, as I can generally make a distro do what I want it to do.

But, man... I really love zypper. I would chuck aptitude to the side and replace it with zypper, while still keeping the broad support and application choice for one of the official Ubuntu flavors.

That'd be pretty sweet.

If you could cobble together the best parts of existing disparate Linux distros, what it look like?
First, what would your base distro be?
Second, what parts would you steal from other distros?

For example, would you use OpenSUSE as a base and add Arch features? Or would you start with KDE Neon and add Budgie desktop features? Or would you add MX Linux's semi-rolling release model to elementary OS?

Have fun with it. ;)
Vey likely difficult (at best) to maintain.

Staff online