The most "windows like" Linux?

dos2unix

Reaction score
Credits

Has anyone tried...

Appears to be Brazilian.
looks interesting but me thinks have to learn Portuguese first ?
Not at all -- both counts!
Windowsfx_082020_1505-00.png

I downloaded it yesterday but have not tried yet.

Andy, supports English, Portuguese and Spanish, they say.

Read some mostly positive reviews yesterday, with a couple negative.

One of the negatives includes that they do not include a SHASUM to check through the Distrowatch/SourceForge avenue.

If it's of any assist, my GTKHash tells me

MD5: 04fc14fb173dc7b1dba863102b3bb9c3

SHA1: 027da015f60fab3bae4c66ad447694e5e96dfe41

SHA256: 4624ad20cd46666277ef7fce3501bd055eadb93f20017e24b939b720449582e4

Friday here in Oz, so all of you

Avagudweegend, and stay safe

Wizard

I tried running it in Virtual Box and all I got was an all black screen after the Logo of the splash screen.

I also burned the .iso to DVD just haven't had time to try it yet.

I tried running it in Virtual Box and all I got was an all black screen after the Logo of the splash screen.

I also burned the .iso to DVD just haven't had time to try it yet.
I had the same as well the last time I tried it, but seems they came out with a new iso this month that one goes past the splash screen and black screen into an actual Live Environment.

I installed it on a computer for a friend. It's really interesting. I think that they could have gotten a more Win10-like interface if they had used Plasma; however, it's pretty good, especially when you take into account their Helloa assistant and their clone of the Windows 10 Settings app. I definitely wouldn't use it for a daily driver (unless it was for Helloa) but for a Windows user it's perfect IMO.

Thanks Nelson, for those leads - I missed that stuff from Eddie in June :)

I tried the Live yesterday ... boy, they're not wrong about how Windozey it is ... and it is determined to start that installer if it can?

I am wondering if @HAL_2000 might have an interest in this for his projects?

Wiz

I had the same as well the last time I tried it, but seems they came out with a new iso this month that one goes past the splash screen and black screen into an actual Live Environment.
I have 10.5. Is there a newer one than that?

No Alex, that is the latest, and likely what @f33dm3bits was referring to.

It's the one I have looked at (just the Live, so far).

Wiz

Just finished a fresh installation on my best mates Toshiba laptop and it is Amazing how much it looks like Windows 10!

So far it runs good and has a ton of applications.

Does it have PowerShell as an OEM app?

I am wondering if @HAL_2000 might have an interest in this for his projects?
Wiz

Hello Wiz,

Thanks for the mention.

I've been very busy in the real world as this Covid kerfluffle winds down, and haven't been able to play with Linux for the past several months.

I've just loaded LXLE 18.04.3 32bit onto a 2.5 GHz / 4Gig RAM Vaio (it's a 64 bit machine) and it moves out smartly. Will be posting a question on installing Debian Tarballs in another thread. I've missed you guys and still thank you folks for all the tips and guidance.

-- HAL

Members online

Latest posts