The i486 is dead. Long live the 486.

I want to avoid politics, but we just might need 128 bit computers to keep track of the national debt!

I kid... I kid...

'Member adding a math co-processor to your TRS-80?!?

We had real world limitations and it's gonna be a while before we bump into those limitations with 64 bits. That's a whole lotta bits.

What term do you have for 'debt' that you never intend to pay back (both capital and interest) ? :eek:

Christmas

But I'm sure @KGIII and @wizardfromoz will probably have 3 or 4 of these soon. :)

David G. @KGIII may have the dough.

I'd be more inclined to time warp into the future when they cost less than $1,000 and bring one back.

Now where did I leave my book of spells?

David G. @KGIII may have the dough.

Pft... Ain't no way I'm spending that much on a computer. I've spent some pretty stupid amounts on hardware, but not like that.

For that amount of money, you can buy 2 McLaren 720S examples and still have enough for the taxes and import duties - and keep them both full of racing fuel for a decade. Like you, and I don't think we'll need them in my lifetime, I'm gonna wait until you can buy one at a Big Box store for a couple of grand.

Really, I don't see a reason for 128 bit in general computing. If anyone younger wants to take that bet, I'm open to all and any comers. Your local animal shelter can use the money! :p

Members online

Latest posts