The best way to manage your collection of ebooks

C

carbon333

I've recently discovered great program for managing hundreds of my ebooks. It's called calibre and can operate with cellphones and Amazon Kindle. Do you use it?

I use this to manage my eBooks. It can be described as an iTunes style eBook manger. You can mange them by genre, author, or just book name. It is very simple and easy to use. I highly recommend it.

Sounds perfect. I have a huge collection of ebooks so I was looking for an ebook manager. Where can I download it?

And what it's name? Can you maybe a little bit more precisely ?

I also use that program. Calibre is an absolutely fantastic application for organizing your ebook collection. It supports 22 ebook formats including MOBI, EPUB, LIT, PDF, and more. It can accept those 22 formats and convert them to 16 formats, with customized output for dozens of specific ebook readers including the Kindle, Nook, Sony Readers, and more.

The interface is polished, easy to use, and makes managing your ebook collection like managing a media collection through popular media management applications such as iTunes. You’ll be able to easily download covers, metadata, and tags from online databases and browse your collection using that information.

On top of all that Calibre is open source and available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.

Ive seen Calibre before! I was very impressed, I used it only on a computer, as it wasn't compatable with my Blackberry Playbook. One the Playbook, I use Ereader or something like that, it is a cheap 1.99 app, but it is very stable, and responsive. I love it!

Looks like a good application in managing my ebooks. It's an open-source so it is free for every one and seems to be using it.

That is excellent, but what about iCloud. It would only be available on Apple products, but it still does everything you would want it to do. It stores ebooks on a server online that is always retrievable. I would suggest trying out a IPhone.

Apple icloud like most of apple softwares is really very user friendly. Very useful and seemless if you are using an apple. I am not sure if it can connect to other OS though.

I find I do need something to manage my ebooks, although I tend to put them in nice ordered folders, I dunno but seeing the covers all displayed on a nice fake computer bookcase just makes me happy. It is the little things in life, eh?

I haven't installed any E-book reader on my system at all, the reason being i don't read E-books. But i've tried out Kindle Cloud Reader through my browser just to have a look.

I find I do need something to manage my ebooks, although I tend to put them in nice ordered folders, I dunno but seeing the covers all displayed on a nice fake computer bookcase just makes me happy. It is the little things in life, eh?

Then Calibre is definitely for you. It is actually one of the best softwares I have ever used. I can download any .PDF from anywhere and put it into the software to convert it instantly to a .MOBI to put onto my Kindle. Also if you have a ebook file without any data on it Calibre can automatically pull the data from Amazon's description of the book, genre, publisher and everything! Then you can easily search for the cover through Calibre, it searches multiple websites for different covers for the same book. If you have an Ereader then you definitely need Calibre.

I don't know, my Nook isn't yet compatible with Windows 98. I once tried to play Angry Birds on it, the next minute I apparently ordered a toaster oven from Amazon and I didn't even know!

I have only got a few eBooks. So I haven't put much thought about managing them. Maybe this would be a good time to start before my collection becomes so large as to be unmanageable. I think I will download Calibre and see how it works. Does Calibre have anything to do with Libre? I am asking because of the similar suffix.

I have only got a few eBooks. So I haven't put much thought about managing them. Maybe this would be a good time to start before my collection becomes so large as to be unmanageable. I think I will download Calibre and see how it works. Does Calibre have anything to do with Libre? I am asking because of the similar suffix.

If you are referring to the Libre that acts as a secondary to Microsoft Office and Openoffice then no. The suffix libre just means book and you can see how it can used in both of the programs. So to make the answer to your question short: No Libre and Calibre have absolutely no association together.

Callibre is a fully functional eBook manager. It will do all the usual: sort by Author and series, fully editable metadata. It will also do conversions of your books into many different formats, storing the new file under the same book in your library. Callibre also has the ability to sync with many different eBook readers, including the Nook, the Kindle, and of course the iPhone and iPad as well as may more.

Interesting, I have around 150 eBooks that I need to keep in some kind of archived format, I will grab a copy since it is open source. You got to hand it to those guys that introduce some great free software.

I use Calibre to put books on my Kindle. That's fine for many books, but nothing that has lots of graphics or where I want to search for something.

I put pdf versions of books in a file on my DropBox that easily transfers to my Thrive (android tablet).

-Bob

Members online

Latest posts