That's it. I've officially decided to return to using Windows!

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Ha!

April Fools!

Google did nothing for the holiday again this year. They usually do something pretty neat, sometimes amusing. The past two years have been skipped over.

Good one, you almost had me ;)

If it helps, I don't see me returning to Windows any time soon, probably not ever.

I don't even know how to use modern Windows. I'm sure I could figure it out, but I have no idea what that'd look like. I know they have a store and don't use IE anymore - but I'm not sure if IE is still available or if it's just Edge? I haven't gotta clue about modern Windows. Heck, I've even forgotten my older Windows knowledge.

If it helps, I don't see me returning to Windows any time soon, probably not ever.

I don't even know how to use modern Windows. I'm sure I could figure it out, but I have no idea what that'd look like. I know they have a store and don't use IE anymore - but I'm not sure if IE is still available or if it's just Edge? I haven't gotta clue about modern Windows. Heck, I've even forgotten my older Windows knowledge.
I only ever use double glazed windows myself, and i love them.

Ya sort a got me till I remember it is All Fools day. :eek::D:D:D

The title alone sparked my interest

Even though it'd be redundant to some extent, have you considered running it in Virtualbox for things you can't run in Linux?

have you considered running it in Virtualbox for things you can't run in Linux?

No? No, there isn't anything that I can't do with Linux that I want to do. I'm not a gamer or anything. I literally have zero use for any Windows software.

No? No, there isn't anything that I can't do with Linux that I want to do. I'm not a gamer or anything. I literally have zero use for any Windows software.

Fair enough

Anymore, IE is nearly done--I forget when EOL us, but Microsoft is moving everything to the new Edge.

The only reason I have a Windows vm is because the VPN client for my job only has Windows support. I'm a gamer and all the games I play run on GNU/Linux, either native or through proton using the Steam client.

One of the great things about being retired is that I'm beholden to nobody - meaning I don't have to worry about interoperability with other systems. I get to decide for myself what I use.

Members online

Latest posts