Solved Testing the question format

Solved issue
ok, just edited this thread to pick @wizardfromoz as the one to answer the question correctly:

As it always should be.

(kidding)

Interesting, Rob - might grow on me.

Wiz

ok, just edited this thread to pick @wizardfromoz as the one to answer the question correctly:

As it always should be.

Well, of course !!.

Users/OP should now be able to choose best answers, etc.. Thoughts?

I thought they did that already...maybe I don't understand the question.
t1853.gif

Last edited:
Bob, see the right-hand side of the posts, and you can see what the effect is at the thread linked to by Rob at #9.

Wiz

Not keen myself. more clutter!

With respect, this feature does not add enough value to be worth the increased complexity. It distracts from the common flow of the website by giving Linux.org website sections different looks and operational characteristics.

In my opinion, the tag "[SOLVED]" in the title is simple and effective, while still retaining the common view and flow of threads. It just works. KISS.

(Related, but off topic: I am not a fan of TuxBot either. It generates a lot of content without adding a lot of value. There is more "new content" to read each day, but the website is less useful to me as a whole. Being locked out of TuxBot is incentive for me to avoid making a donation.)

Yeah, i'm not really feeling it. I wanted to change up one section temporarily to see how it worked, but thinking the benefits aren't enough to make the change. I'll let some more people chime in before i change it back so everyone gets to take a look.

(tuxbot probably won't stay either - it was something i thought was kind of cool, but more suited for a different kind of forum perhaps)

With respect, this feature does not add enough value to be worth the increased complexity. It distracts from the common flow of the website by giving Linux.org website sections different looks and operational characteristics.

In my opinion, the tag "[SOLVED]" in the title is simple and effective, while still retaining the common view and flow of threads. It just works. KISS.

(Related, but off topic: I am not a fan of TuxBot either. It generates a lot of content without adding a lot of value. There is more "new content" to read each day, but the website is less useful to me as a whole. Being locked out of TuxBot is incentive for me to avoid making a donation.)
+1 on TuxBot comment. Man is that annoying. lol

I know I don't post enough that my opinion carries much weight,, but just throwing it out there.

@Rob - But I do appreciate your hard work and always trying to find ways to improve!

I am fairly indifferent, but i think the likes in response to posts are good enough.

Bob, see the right-hand side of the posts, and you can see what the effect is at the thread linked to by Rob at #9.

Wiz

Thanks Wiz...top arrow upvoted...bottom arrow...vote removed...sounds the same as "like" to me but we can give minus votes which I think isn't good on a friendly Forum.
t3603.gif

...but we can give minus votes which I think isn't good on a friendly Forum.
t3603.gif

IMO that is an excellent point, Bob :)

@Rob is it possible to have an upvote without a down vote, or is it a fixed function facility?

@Rob - But I do appreciate your hard work and always trying to find ways to improve!

Ditto in spades (tune out, Rob I don't want you getting a big head, or you won't fit in the forum)

In the nearly six years Brian @Condobloke and I have been here, Rob has done an amazing amount of work to provide us with a better environment in which to work and play, and a lot of that is behind the scenes.

Yes and no.

[SOLVED] looks good for our site on the internet, but most Members need telling on how to do it themselves (OP's first post, then edit and edit the title) or Staff have to choose to do it.

I'll leave comment on TuxBot for elsewhere.

Keep the feedback coming, folks, your opinion does matter.

Enjoy your Linux.

Wiz

I don't like bob466...every time he posts I'm giving it a minus 1. :eek:

like that ?

The Kali section doesn't add any value to the forums either since 90% of the topics there are only people who try Kali is because they want to either look cool or want to be hacker but not actually learn anything including Linux and the people that actually use Kali can figure out most things themselves or they will ask their questions elsewhere such as the official Kalin Linux forums.

The Kali section doesn't add any value to the forums either since 90% of the topics there are only people who try Kali is because they want to either look cool or want to be hacker but not actually learn anything including Linux and the people that actually use Kali can figure out most things themselves or they will ask their questions elsewhere such as the official Kalin Linux forums.
The Kali section serves a very useful function. Without it, where would people go to learn that they should not be running Kali Linux?

Members online