Taking screenshot in mint 20.also printer problems

simple person

Reaction score
Credits
Re: screenshot which I wanted to accomplish...

Went to mint menu>all applications> accessories.......looked for take screenshot but could not find it.

Another instruction said to go left- alt+print-screen. But no idea what that means.

While speaking of printing, I can get online, find printer, but when I press print, nothing happens.

Help please..i think these are really really simple problems so posting two in one thread,

Thanks
Simple person

you need to use the Alt and PrtSc keys at the same time - most likely for your printer you need to install the drivers for it

you need to use the Alt and PrtSc keys at the same time - most likely for your printer you need to install the drivers for it
that worked..alt+Prtsc thank you !
wish making my printer work was so easy.. i somehow thought i had it working once before without installing the driver. oh well. back to the drawing board.. thank you!
simple

You can try Flameshot (not Flathub ) from the Software Manager, works much better than the long gone shutter. ;)

Last edited:
click on menu....type in Gnome Screenshot.......right click on the 'gnomescreenshot' and select 'add to panel'

Details of your printer?

If your Firefox has updated to Firefox 88.....follow my post linked below to take a screenshot.

And are you connecting by USB or wi-fi?

[I am a M20 user]
another wiz

In M20 if you want a full screen shot then just the prt/scr [print screen] button on its own should work

M20, printing by wi-fi
switch on printer, make sure the wi-fi is switched on [on the printer]
from lappy/desktop/pad click on the wi-fi icon [usualy on the bottom right] look down the available list to find your printer, click on the printer after a few seconds it should say connected to XXX, you may need to put in a password [This is the printer wi-fi password [NOT tour home router one] and it should connect, If it is a common printer M20 on your lappy/desktop/pad should recognise it and install the linux drivers itself.

Members online

Latest posts