tablet mode in ubuntu

Pyton78

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

when switching to tablet mode on the Lenovo Yoga 530-14R, my touchpad automatically turns off and that's cool. But the keyboard is turned on, which is annoying.

I have two scripts, one turns it off with the command:
"xinput float 16"

the second turns it on:
"xinput reattach 16 3"

It can definitely be done automatically as I rotate the screen to tablet mode so that it also automatically turns off the keyboard. I think it could be related to excluding the touchpad.

Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

Dunno if this will help, but someone in the Lubuntu dev chat was poking around with this yesterday:

thank you wery, it`s work. But if you try to back to normal mode keyboard don`t work.

thank you wery, it`s work. But if you try to back to normal mode keyboard don`t work.

Ping them at their gitlab site and let them know. They're very approachable. They mention a popup to ask about keyboard activation. I've never used it - I just happened to be in the dev chat when it was discussed.

Hmm...

I went to see how to contact them through that site, but it won't let me authorize with GitHub. You'll have to figure that out on your own.

Hey, they've updated their script. They call it 'done' and you may want to update your version of it.

You might try contacting the author of the script linked above. They may know. I'm also not sure why you'd want to rotate it 60°. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Staff online

Members online