System settings not opening

Abhiso9

Reaction score
Credits
I've installed Ubuntu 20.04 LTE, but system settings not opening and too much drain battery of my laptop. Kindly suggest for me best solution.
Thanks

What Desktop? And please, it would also be helpful if you can provide more info like CPU make and model, same for GPU, HDD/SDD, RAM as well as anything else you think can be relevant.

I didn't understand what said @Tolkem
What desktop environment does your Ubuntu use? Gnome? KDE? XFCE? Which one? Also, most desktop environments ship with a system info tool, look up in it for hardware information like CPU, RAM, Storage, copy/paste that info in your reply. Also, you can use dmidecode tool to get that, just open a terminal and type
Code:
sudo dmidecode
hit Enter to run, copy the output, paste it to a text file and filter some info we don't need, .i.e. serial numbers, besides, it's not safe to be sharing those, once you do that, copy/paste it here. You can get that info with inxi too, in the terminal type
Code:
inxi -Fxz
this will extract and filter the relevant information we need. If inxi tool is not installed, you can install it with
Code:
sudo apt-get install inxi
once you do, run the command above, and copy/paste the output here.

What desktop environment does your Ubuntu use? Gnome? KDE? XFCE? Which one? Also, most desktop environments ship with a system info tool, look up in it for hardware information like CPU, RAM, Storage, copy/paste that info in your reply. Also, you can use dmidecode tool to get that, just open a terminal and type
Code:
sudo dmidecode
hit Enter to run, copy the output, paste it to a text file and filter some info we don't need, .i.e. serial numbers, besides, it's not safe to be sharing those, once you do that, copy/paste it here. You can get that info with inxi too, in the terminal type
Code:
inxi -Fxz
this will extract and filter the relevant information we need. If inxi tool is not installed, you can install it with
Code:
sudo apt-get install inxi
once you do, run the command above, and copy/paste the output here.
Th

If you are going to post a question or problem we need more information than just a one sentence description of your problem. None of us here are mind readers, so don't expect magical answers or solutions if you are not providing any useful information in your topic. Read this article if you need help learning how to ask a good support question.

If you are going to post a question or problem we need more information than just a one sentence description of your problem. None of us here are mind readers, so don't expect magical answers or solutions if you are not providing any useful information in your topic. Read this article if you need help learning how to ask a good support question.
But still I've mentioned my problem in my post, simply my problem was Ubuntu 20.04 LTE version system settings not opening.
That only problem

But still I've mentioned my problem in my post, simply my problem was Ubuntu 20.04 LTE version system settings not opening.
That only problem
Your question didn't contain any useful information, as @Tolkem already asked you we need to know what Desktop Environment you are using for your settings not opening and if you are getting an error when doing so and if you are what is the error you are getting. Also you posted a question a public forum and solved it yourself since we weren't able to help you because of not having enough information yet. Mind sharing it so that it could help someone else running in tho the same problem. As for your problem with your battery draining fast that is a known problems with GNU/Linux, you could try installing TLP.
Code:
sudo apt install tlp

Your question didn't contain any useful information, as @Tolkem already asked you we need to know what Desktop Environment you are using for your settings not opening and if you are getting an error when doing so and if you are what is the error you are getting. As for you posted a question a public forum and solved it yourself since we weren't able to help you because of not having enough information yet. Mind sharing it so that it could help someone else running in tho the same problem. As for your problem with your battery draining fast that is a known problems with GNU/Linux, you could try installing TLP.
Okk... I got the point and sorry for the inconvenience. I've already installed TLP

If you haven't already found it, there is also laptop-mode-tools.
laptop-mode-tools - Tools for Power Savings based on battery/AC status
Code:
sudo apt install laptop-mode-tools

Staff online