Sync in Chromium?!?

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
As many know, Chromium took sync away some time ago.

I was downloading yet another browser (Iron) with the intent of eventually reviewing it. I did some digging on their site and I have absolutely no clue how this works - but it does indeed work.

Note: I'm using Chromium and not the Iron browser - I just tried their tip on Chromium.

Go here:

Join.

Wait.

I don't know how long you have to wait, but it took a while.

Keep trying to turn on sync. Keep trying until it works.

Post thread | Linux.org - Chromium_001.png

This is where I got it from:

Again, I have no idea how/why it works. I just know that it works. Ain't got a clue how or why, but I do know that it works.

Last edited:

Had a look at the site, no links to the source code (if it's at least OSS)... so without source, I guess it'll stay a mystery. The site claims it's fast. I'll be curious to test it in Dec/Jan before I do my annual/bi-annual system overhaul. Be cool if you've done the review first, it'll give me an idea of if/why it's worth looking into, given I'm moving away -- far far so -- from MozHitler Mozilla.

Be cool if you've done the review first

I'll *likely* have a review in a month or so. (I've got other articles ahead of it and haven't even begun to test it.)

As for being open or closed source, that doesn't really factor into my reviews. I'm not a FOSS zealot, really. I use Linux 'cause it works, not so much because of the software freedoms. I use closed source/proprietary software all the time. In fact, this very forum is proprietary software. I do mention it, if it's closed source, as I know many Linux users care about such things.

I admit, I've fallen down the OSS paranoia rabbit hole. I wouldn't refuse a non-libre product, but I am very hard pressed if the source isn't available for public scrutiny. I think Debian made my personality disorders worse, lol.

Anyway, look forward to the review.

Members online

Latest posts