Switching to linux

Sirach2:5

Reaction score
Credits
Hello I am a long time mac user looking to make the switch to Linux. Used a started using mac when I went to college and needed something stable. Now I am making the switch to Linux. First it started with raspberry Pi now I have created Ubuntu and Mint VM's on my mac using Parallels and love it. Here to learn more and share with other Linux users.

Hello Sirach2:5,

Welcome to Linux.org it's a great place to hang out and learn about Linux.

Strange to see an introduction outside of the introduction section. However, good choice and welcome to the forums and welcome your Gnu/Linux journey! What are your first impressions of Ubuntu and Linux Mint?

Welcome @Sirach2:5 :)

Moving this to Member Introductions.

Enjoy your Linux

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Strange to see an introduction outside of the introduction section. However, good choice and welcome to the forums and welcome your Gnu/Linux journey! What are your first impressions of Ubuntu and Linux Mint?
it was funny the email I got told me to post here but it wasn't till after that I noticed an introduction section. Any way I am enjoying them both. I found mint to be a little more intuitive (and like windows) out of the box but as I get use to the interface I may end up liking ubuntu more. look forward to continuing to get more experience with them both before picking one over the other then comparing them with fedora VM.

You are welcome :)

Ubuntu (community) also have Ubuntu MATE which is worth a look.

Cheers

Wizard

Members online