Switching between back panel sockets to front panel sockets.

Nik-Ken-Bah

Reaction score
Credits
Problem:
I have a ASUS , xonar DSK sound card which was installed as at the time I was using Win 7 when I built the computer so had no problem accessing the software control panel {S C P} to manipulate the board and switching between front and back sockets. Which I require when using an application like Skype and similar applications due to having hearing problems plus it removes voice feedback due to the close proximity of my external speakers and the mic on my web-cam.

That ended when I replaced Win 7 with Linux mint since the S C P is based only on MS scripting.

I have tried using some audio players that tout that they can manipulate the sound card to no avail.

My question
Is there an equivalent S C P that can control my sound card in a Linux environment?

Or failing that

What decent sound cards that that can be controlled by a S C P in the Linux environment?

By the way I am actually quite happy with the sound card but I must be able to control it.

I am running Kubuntu, and between the Audio app in System Settings and Pulse Audio Volume Control (PAVU), I can see all my input and output devices.

Members online

Latest posts