Suitable linux for Acer E1-472G laptop

be_ernst

Reaction score
Credits
I am so move to use linux right now.. but i am not sure which linux is suitable for my laptop.. do you guys have any idea?

Is this your laptop?
Looks like a laptop with modern hardware and a 64 bit cpu and the minimum amount of ram to
be able to run any Linux distribution you want. I would say create a flash drive of each distribution
you would like to try and then boot into the live environment to see what you think. The most popuplar
programs for creating bootable flash drives are Etcher and Rufus.

Last edited:
E1-430_E1-470_nontouch_sku_main.png

Best way to find that distro that you like boot live - Mint, Zorin, Linux Lite - there are many I will not tell you what is best as everyone has their own idea of the perfect distro - a starting point........

By the way welcome aboard :D

Last edited:
Welcome,
your Lappy will most certainly run most distro's, If you want something pretty test Mint + cinnamon, for everyday use mint + XFCE, for something a little faster Linux Lite, lubuntu or MX-linux
As always the recommendation is you download at lest 6 different distribution's and run them live to see which one you like best

Bwiz

So i had installed linux mint yesterday. Now I feel like I want to 'format' my hard disk and use it as my only OS, maybe? Then disk partition was something so new to me. So I want to learn about partition.

Latest posts