Substitute mint for mandrake

D

devaite

Hello all! I´m starting on this forum, hope for a long time :)

I have a laptop and I installed linux mint side-by-side with windows 7. I want to substitute mint for mandrake, can I do that without disturbing windows?

Regards for you all.

Hello all! I´m starting on this forum, hope for a long time :)

I have a laptop and I installed linux mint side-by-side with windows 7. I want to substitute mint for mandrake, can I do that without disturbing windows?

Regards for you all.

I would keep Mint. Linux is Linux is Linux is Linux but it's the latest kernel. It's always comprised of the commands from the command line interface anyway and all that's different is the desktop GUI (Cinnamon, GNOME, KDE..etc) You have a fine distro and will work very well for you. But if you have to, you just remove Mint from that partition and when you install Mandrake (a dead and buried distro) just point the installation to that partition. The partition is already there. Hopefully you'll still be able to dual boot. Just remember to back up the important files from Windows just in case. I have the same setup (Mint/Windows 7) and it's working just fine.

Regards
Jim

I
I would keep Mint. Linux is Linux is Linux is Linux but it's the latest kernel. It's always comprised of the commands from the command line interface anyway and all that's different is the desktop GUI (Cinnamon, GNOME, KDE..etc) You have a fine distro and will work very well for you. But if you have to, you just remove Mint from that partition and when you install Mandrake (a dead and buried distro) just point the installation to that partition. The partition is already there. Hopefully you'll still be able to dual boot. Just remember to back up the important files from Windows just in case. I have the same setup (Mint/Windows 7) and it's working just fine.

Regards
Jim
i have a samsung laptop, and it has a software that puts the computer in sillent, but in mint i cant do that.
I guess i will keep mint then, thanks for the help.

I

i have a samsung laptop, and it has a software that puts the computer in sillent, but in mint i cant do that.
I guess i will keep mint then, thanks for the help.
Just to answer the question, yes you can replace Mint. With anything really.

Members online