Stream Linux Desktop to Raspberry Pi 3

tinfoil-hat

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I'd like to stream my Linux Desktops Monitor to a Raspberry Pi which is hooked on a TV. There must be a way, since it's possible on FireTV and Google Chrome cast can do it. Maybe it's possible with Kodi? I also don't have a HDMI-Cable wich is long enough. The solution must be wireless. I don't think Video + Audio isn't well displayed via VNC or RDP. Maybe a kodi addon can do this?

Well, I tried SPICE and it's too slow to display Videos without shattering... But I am not sure, if the WiFi is the bottleneck

You can turn your desktop into a server, serving files to the Pi, easily enough and with all sorts of choices. Then, you can connect to the Pi (remotely, if you'd prefer) and then navigate to the server, select a shared video, and stream it that way...

That's not really streaming anything live or anything like that. But, if it's live, why not just point the Pi at the URL in question and stream it directly?

You can turn your desktop into a server, serving files to the Pi, easily enough and with all sorts of choices. Then, you can connect to the Pi (remotely, if you'd prefer) and then navigate to the server, select a shared video, and stream it that way...

That's not really streaming anything live or anything like that. But, if it's live, why not just point the Pi at the URL in question and stream it directly?
I'd like to have the same Desktop and configuration as on my Desktop PC. I already have build a setup that I am comftable with. Also my RPi has problems streaming 720p. I tried xrdp as well, but all I got was an black screen with mouse cursor.

Members online

Latest posts