Story Time!!..... :3

blackneos940

Reaction score
Credits
So there I was, on this website, and I was talking with a number of OpenBSD users about issues I was having, and suddenly, one of the Developers of a piece of OpenBSD Software said I was "slandering" OpenBSD, when all I did was state some shortcomings (I would just as readily say the same about Linux, but, like Linux, I think it's a cool OS [though I DEFINITELY prefer Linux more..... :) ]) I was just trying to offer constructive criticism, and not calling the OS BAD..... :( And he also implied that I was clueless, and didn't know that HE was the author of the Software I was having issues with..... I stated that it was a Bug, and since it was written in Perl, Perl graciously told me about the lines the errors were on..... :) He said there was nothing wrong with it (at the time he typed that, I did indeed that the [definite] Bug was fixed.....) He sarcastically said (it seemed as if he was being so) to show him the alleged "Bug" (this is paraphrased, but you know what he said..... :( ) He was a total jerk, and I won't touch OpenBSD with a ten-foot-pole now..... :( It's still a good OS..... But when someone who plays a pivotal role in OpenBSD's Development is rude to you, it kinda' chases you away from said OS when someone is being mean..... :( I know Linus can be a jerk sometimes, but he's probably a nicer person than THIS guy..... You ask Linus about a potential Bug, and the Linux community will very likely fix it..... :) Finally, a problem I have with OpenBSD is that it will. NOT. Use any GPL/GPL-variant Software in it's base System, or in it's Repos..... :( This basically, very much so, hinders the OS, effectively removing a leg and an eye, so-to-speak..... :( I think I'll stick with the other *BSDs as I branch out my Computer/Programming skills to have alongside Linux..... :) FreeBSD is better than OpenBSD, yet doesn't have some of the Hardware Support that Windows or Linux has (for now, I hope), and NetBSD, where OpenBSD was Forked from, seems to be better, but I have yet to try it out.... :) Thanks for listening to my venting, guys..... I know there are a lot of jerks in the Linux Community, but I'm glad I'm part of ONE section that's full of kind people..... :) Here's to the future of Free, Open Source Software!!..... :D

Last edited:

As a friend told me, I need to be more thick-skinned..... :) Maybe I shouldn't give up on OpenBSD after all..... :) The friend also told me that maybe the person is sensitive, as it IS his Project after all..... :)

Staff online

Members online