Still Going Nowhere With Python..... :(

One way that helped me learn my first programming language (VBA then VB6) was to write psuedo-code. That is where you write out in plain English what you want, step by step, the program to do. For instance:

#declare variables
#assign values to variables
#if the values are not correct, inform user and have them check values
#insert the variables into the database
#update the user if the all went well

Then write the logic underneath each line of the psuedo-code. You will learn easier if you write in small segments and write re-usable code. That means that you can use that small snippet of code in other places. Plus, writing it out in psuedo-code you take care of commenting. I get really lazy when it comes to commenting and it has come back and kicked me in the patootie a few times. So be sure you always comment in some way what you are trying to do. (This also helps others who may try and help see what is wrong with your code)

I am new to Linux, so I need to learn python and C/C++. I was going to tackle python first, so if you would like to have a study-buddy I would be glad to be yours. We can learn together and who knows, we might create something really awesome that other people can use to make their lives easier. :p

I..... I see.... :D This makes a lot of sense.....! :) Also, welcome to GNU/Linux!..... :D I didn't know you just started using it, but welcome!..... :) Also, I would LOVE to study with you..... :) We could Inbox and compare/improve eachother's Programs..... :3 Of course, all my code is Free and Open Source..... :) Well, on this Site, what'd you expect.....? :D Also, it would boost my Spirits to NO END if we made something awesome like that.....

My new drive that I am going to put in my laptop just got here, I will put that in and then I will send you a pm and you can tell me where you're at, and I will catch up to you and then we can start studying. I love programming as it makes a difference in another's easier.

Members online