Steam help?

shipthepilot

Reaction score
Credits
Ok so this might sound weird but is there any way to run windows steam games on Linux?

If so could you give a link?

Thx!

Hi @shipthepilot - make Google your friend :)

I am not a Gamer, but I have taken your last 6 words "run windows steam games on Linux" and applied them to Google.

Look for most recent articles, or ones that say "solved".

One I found that looks promising is

https://askubuntu.com/questions/777115/running-windows-steam-on-linux-using-wine/777120

WINE stands for "Wine Is Not an Emulator", and can be used for playing Windows games and running programs. It can be hit and miss.

You could tell us your Linux Distro down to the version and DE (Desktop Environment), for example Ubuntu 18.04 MATE, Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon.

I would be looking to install Timeshift first, take a screenshot, and then if things go wrong, you can roll back your system.

I have a Tutorial here that tells about Timeshift (it is like Windows Restore but better) and ways to install it.

If you are using Linux Mint 18.3 or higher, or Linux Lite 4.0 or Manjaro Strit, then Timeshift is already installed.

Cheers and good luck with the Games.

Wizard

Thx!! I will try WINE and the stuff you said but yeah.

Thx again!

Stream makes a Linux client too... you may find it in the Software Manager of your distro. It may offer some games that are common with Windows, though probably not all of them. It will probably be better to play the native Linux client when you can, and resort to Wine only when you have to. Good luck!

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts