spellcheck issues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anneranch

Reaction score
Credits
I am having intermittent issues with spellcheck.
The misspelled words are usually immediately underlined in red , and sometime that is not happening.
When the misspelled word in selected - the options are given but the selected option
does no correct the misspelled word.

AS far as I can tell this is only when using browser and at random.

I am asking if somebody else is experiencing similar issue on Ubuntu 21.04 .

Please do not reply if you are NOT experiencing the issue on same Linux version.
( It does no help or fulfill the post requirement if "it works for me ... on my laptop ... " )

Which Browser... ?
If its Firefox then download the Firefox spellcheck and dictionary for your language.

Bwiz

It is firefox and I have noticed it is "updated" frequently.
And it is set foe English already and it seems to be recent happening.
I'll try to reinstall whole app.

I'll try to reinstall whole app.
in firefox go to add on's put in the search box dictionary [en or us or can or aus or whatever] find the dictionary you want and add to firefox, [it should not change when FF updates]

Bwiz

This is almost certainly a Firefox-specific issue, because Linux generally doesn't have system-wide spell checking enabled. That being said, the issue could be caused by a problem in the spell checking backend. I'm not sure how this would be fixed right off; however, if Firefox is using a third party spell checker (again, I don't know for sure what they are using, I'm too lazy to look it up), it's probably hunspell. You could research what spell checker they use and try reinstalling the package (if applicable).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts