Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

Specific Window Managing Tweak in Gnome

Discussion in 'Desktop / X' started by juls_, Apr 11, 2013.

1. juls_

juls_ Guest

Hi everyone!
    I'm having a somewhat specific question. I'm on CentOS 6.3 with Gnome 2.28.2.
    I changed the movement key from the default "Alt" to the "Super Key" (Windows Logo). I now would like to have the following happening:
    Say I have 2 file browser windows open. I can of course switch between the windows when I'm clicking on another window. Now I would also like to have this happening when I use a modifier key, other than the windows-key (eg. alt, ctrl, shift).
    If I click with one of those modifiers held down on an inactive window I can still do stuff in it, however the window won't be the active window, but remain inactive. This is the main issue. If I for example hold the windows-key down and click on another window it becomes active. I would also like to have this happening with other modifier keys.

Thanks in advance!