Sony Vaio Flip 15A Touchscreen and Pen

D

dhessel

I have just got centos installed and am working on getting these 2 items working properly. I have basic functionality but lack any multi-touch gestures on the screen and the 2nd button on the pen doesn't work. It is the pen for the surface pro 3. I have added the following code to my 52-wacom.conf file but I cannot get the other button to work and have no idea were to being with the touch screen. I am new to linux and have searched around a fair bit but information seems scarce. I would appreciate any advice that you can offer. Thanks.

Code:
Section "InputClass"
  Identifier "Wacom N-trig Class"
  MatchProduct "ID 1b96:0f04|N-trig DuoSense Pen"
  MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
  Driver "wacom" 
  Option "Button2" "2"
  Option "Button3" "3"
EndSection

I don't know exactly how to setup stylus pens on Linux since I have never tried. I do know that wacom has the best support. If the stylus you are using is a wacom then you should be able to use the linuxwacom package and UDEV to configure the buttons. With the package installed you can use the xsetwacom command to get more information on the stylus and that may help you. I am also not sure if you need Button1. Or if there are other buttons that could be conflicting. Ubuntu seems to have build in wacom tablet configuration as does the GNOME desktop. It may help you to use one of those systems.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts