Some spam from 2019?

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Selection_063.png

Had that person not replied, I'd have never seen the spam. (For the record, I was not a moderator - or even a member - in 2019.)

By the way, the bottom-most user returned and tried to add spam, getting themselves spam ban hammered for their troubles.

I was not even a little surprised.

Good catch.

You might find more if you (as an admin) did a low-level search for users who included links in their first 2-3 posts. Obviously most would be false-positives, but it could be a fun game.

I did some moderating of a popular FB group for a few months. The group was the target of huge amounts of spams and bots, and a bit of general tomfoolery. I got it pretty well cleaned up, set up rules, etc. It was an interesting gig, until it got tedious, and I found out I was really the only mod doing anything. It was many hours each day of active monitoring, and going through huge piles of requests and posts. I know a lot of the long-time members appreciated the work, but in the end I was tired. I stopped moderating, and left the group, and I know it fell right back into disarray.

I appreciate you guys for what you do, and the amount of time you volunteer to this site.

You might find more if you (as an admin) did a low-level search for users who included links in their first 2-3 posts.

Your first five posts have to be manually approved if they contain a link.

Members online