Some network problems

M

Mitt Green

Hi everyone,
I have some problems with networking.
1. I can't log in some sites:
duolingo.com
hitting both Enter and clicking Login after filling fields doesn't make the site loading;
justlinux.com
clicking Login makes a browser load but returns no answer;
linuxquestions.org
sometimes it's unable to login or post something;
linux.org
unable to post sometimes (even now I'm typing from my smartphone);
facebook.com
unable to login often
and so on.
2. Downloading packages from FTP directories doesn't work, though I can view FTP sites.
PS: I tried everything from above on my BlackBerry which is Unix also - same problems, from Windows Phone and Windows - no problems. Net speed is about 3-5MB/s.
PPS: the problem starts when I moved to another house but with the same provider. Can a provider block something?
Thanks for any help.

Do you connect by DHCP?

DHCP allocates you an IP number. That IP number can get blocked as a spammer. The answer is to disconnect your broadband for a few minutes and reconnect. That way you are allocated a different IP number.

Do you connect by DHCP?

DHCP allocates you an IP number. That IP number can get blocked as a spammer. The answer is to disconnect your broadband for a few minutes and reconnect. That way you are allocated a different IP number.
No, it isn't installed on my computer. I tried from different browsers and distributions.

Edited: I finally understood what do you mean after digging networking preferences. This doesn't work.

Last edited:
Could it be ipv6 issues? Try and disable it to see how it reacts. Another thing to check is to see if the https is active on those websites. That could be an issue as well. Just throwing it out there...

Last edited:
Update:
My provider brought me a router with wrong date and time you can't change - when I first logged into it there was Jan 1 of 1970. camorri from LQ, thanks to him, spent some time to find the problem, mentioned that problem may be in this. Not only me, many people from my area complain about it, this came from provider.
In 2012 and 2013, both in summer, one famous provider in this country cut other companies' cables lying not far from my actual house. Now people don't have a choice of a provider.

Update:
My provider brought me a router with wrong date and time you can't change - when I first logged into it there was Jan 1 of 1970. camorri from LQ, thanks to him, spent some time to find the problem, mentioned that problem may be in this. Not only me, many people from my area complain about it, this came from provider.
In 2012 and 2013, both in summer, one famous provider in this country cut other companies' cables lying not far from my actual house. Now people don't have a choice of a provider.

How much do want to bet that they MEANT to do that.....? ;)

Could it be ipv6 issues? Try and disable it to see how it reacts. Another thing to check is to see if the https is active on those websites. That could be an issue as well. Just throwing it out there...

You know, your very Last NAME has to do with LAN..... XD

And I've seen some LAN's I've definitely had a good laugh over the way they're setup :)

Update:

Hey buddy..... :3 How is your Wi-Fi now.....? :)

I checked out D-Link official website, in the US and Europe they don't even know that model of my router exists (DPN-R5402).

Members online