some issues creating bootable drive and installing via apt-get

R

robuntu

i've successfully formatted that latest 2 ubuntu's but can't seem to get kali to work, which is really what i want.

i've been using pendrive installer to format. i was having trouble with ubuntu 15 until earlier today when i torrented it instead of downloading through a browser. i tried torrenting kali but still can't boot it. i've check the hashes and they match... is it common to have to download the iso several times to successfully boot it?

also can't seem to install anything via the terminal-apt-get. is there something i need to do to get this feature to work?

i've successfully formatted that latest 2 ubuntu's but can't seem to get kali to work, which is really what i want.

i've been using pendrive installer to format. i was having trouble with ubuntu 15 until earlier today when i torrented it instead of downloading through a browser. i tried torrenting kali but still can't boot it. i've check the hashes and they match... is it common to have to download the iso several times to successfully boot it?

also can't seem to install anything via the terminal-apt-get. is there something i need to do to get this feature to work?
That would depend on how good your internet connection is and what site you are downloading from. The best way to download most distributions is with torrents, in terms of download quality anyway. You should always check the ISOs MD5 before creating the Live USB/DVD.

What do you mean by "can't seem to install anything via the terminal-apt-get" ? Please provide us with specifics so we can help you better.

Members online