Some editor started in terminal, how to close it in normal way with keyboard shortcuts?

anderson20

Reaction score
Credits
Hi
What I need to do is to close app which started in terminal. I don't know what app started, for sure not vi tool as it has other interface.
zmiany.jpg

Probably I have to press ^X to close but I don't understand which button on keyboard should I press. When I press button '^' which is the same as for '6' and 'X' app isn't closed. I also tried shift + X, ctrl + X, nothing helps, it adds only some text. Stupid names of shortcuts. I cannot close with the mouse the terminal, because in this way I cannot finish some 'git commit' procedure which requires that I close in normal way application.

That looks like nano.

CTRL + X. The caret (^) is CTRL in this case. CTRL + X should be working. What's it say when you use it?

To follow on from KGIII's post:
If CTRL+X isn't working for you - it could be that you've previously hit the CTRL+S combo - which stops the terminal from responding to further input. To get the terminal to start responding again, hit CTRL+Q.
Now your terminal (and nano) should start responding normally again. And you should be able to hit CTRL+X to exit nano.

Members online