Some confusion.

kc1di

Reaction score
Credits
There was a post the other day with a poll asking which Desktop you were using. I responded that the questioner had left out KDE as a poll choice. To which a response was given but there was some confusion as to what KDE /Plasma was. Here is an explanation from KDE That might clear up some confusion.

KDE used to be the name of the desktop environment when it was created. KDE grew and other applications started being developed under it, resulting in it not being just a desktop environment anymore. Nowadays, KDE represents the project and community that keep developing the desktop environment known as KDE Plasma, as well as other applications under the KDE project.

Often KDE may be used to refer just to the desktop environment, which may cause confusion to someone who is missing this context. Ideally, you’d refer to KDE as the project/community and KDE Plasma as the desktop environment.

Many cross-platform applications are developed by the KDE community, some of the most notable being Krita and Kdenlive.

By the way KDE as some would relate it stands for Kool Desktop Eviroment. It was first release in 1996 and based on CDE.

Last edited:

I don't find find the thread today but I may just be overlooking it since I'm an old fart.

I too can't find the thread.

I too am old...

It may have been removed by someone other than me. I wouldn't even begin to speculate about the reason it'd be removed.

I too can't find the thread.

I too am old...

It may have been removed by someone other than me. I wouldn't even begin to speculate about the reason it'd be removed.
Thanks for checking at least I'm not alone. I was thinking maybe I'd lost it :)

I went through your comments and didn't see it. I didn't comment in the thread, but I did vote in it.

I went back a few pages of read topics and it didn't stand out. I too could be missing it, but I'm not seeing it anywhere. I only went back a few pages, but that took us back a few days.

Maybe the original poster removed it. :(

Maybe the original poster removed it. :(

Maybe, but it seems unlikely that they'd be able to remove a thread with comments in it. I can't tell, 'cause I can remove threads. But, I don't think they'd be able to do so.

I feel like that post was made a year or more ago

I'm thinking that might be the case. That there was an earlier thread duplicating that one. The one we're talking about was new. In fact, I was the first to vote in it.

So, as a potential duplicate, another mod may have removed it. It wasn't me. I did not do it.

'Twas me, at the OP's request.

In any event, it duplicated a Poll here from May 2019, almost exactly, but includes KDE Plasma.

That poll did not include a shelf life (ie closing date) so it may still be active, or else you may gain something from the voting results.

Later, Gang.

Chris

Woohoo! That means I didn't get blackout drunk and not remember (plus I'd have had to forget that I got drunk) deleting it!

I was not too worried. I mostly had tea last night.

Members online