[Solved] Videos like treacle.

stratblue

Reaction score
Credits
Hi.

I have some videos recorded at high quality from a modern drone, I can´t tell you exactly the resolution but at least 1080 and probably 60fps, maybe less I´d have to check it out on another comp to find out for sure, but the mouse movement slows down as if itś being dragged through cold treacle while it´s over the video window. Lesser videos manifest the problem to a lesser degree. The problem pre dates the build in the signature.

Thanks.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I don't have an answer for you, but folks may want to know what software you're using to play the video.

It may help to install the 'restricted-extras', but those may be installed by default in eOS. You are using eOS, yes?)

You may want to see the 2nd link in my signature, as well.

OP
S

stratblue

Reaction score
Credits
Thanks for that. I tried the 'Videos' app that comes with Elementary, which will play some videos I have, but it will not play the drone stuff. I downloaded VLC and that will play them but in the manner described. I'll read the link again and do my best!

OP
S

stratblue

Reaction score
Credits
The issue appears to be resolved, I found some useful stuff here about drivers and restricted extras if you're experiencing the same problems.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Yeah, it was *probably* the restricted-extras that did the trick. That meta-package includes things like h64 codecs and stuff like that. Glad ya got it sorted.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Members online