[SOLVED] pi 4 not seeing MY 5g network

Ipz

Reaction score
Credits
I'm currently connected to the 2.4ghz network on my pi 4. My phone is connected to the 5ghz. The wifi modem is in the room with me. I read documentation that I needed to add my country code to the wpa_supplicant file, I just can't find it. There was another option where you could run raspberry configuration script. I did and added the country code. Still no luck

You'll have to set your Wi-Fi country to your country code in the Raspberry Pi configuration menu.

I'm currently connected to the 2.4ghz network on my pi 4. My phone is connected to the 5ghz. The wifi modem is in the room with me. I read documentation that I needed to add my country code to the wpa_supplicant file, I just can't find it. There was another option where you could run raspberry configuration script. I did and added the country code. Still no luck
Most likely you’ll need to set up the wifi country to yours. It happened to me every time since I moved to Australia.

If you’re using raspbian / raspberry OS, you can do it from the UI options or using raspi-config instead of adding the values to the files by hand.

Last edited:
Congratulations - moving this to Single Board Computers.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Latest posts