SOLVED! New Member with Old Devices

if it fails again try the legacy boot option

When I started to quit, I got this message. It looks like it sees the hard drive. Should I click “erase disk and install Linux Mint?” (Option 3)
Will this erase my pendrive that has the iso on it? I’ll attach the screenshot.

Attachments

• 44ADA45F-F459-4DD1-9452-9AD1091DA42C.jpeg
    44ADA45F-F459-4DD1-9452-9AD1091DA42C.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 192
I don't know why my phone did that.
your probably holding the camera in landscape [on its side] try holding it vertical

install Linux Mint?” (Option 3)
that is the main harddrive again it has NOT found the new usb only where you tried to install mint yesterday, so now we have another choice, we could try installing to the harddrive again using option 1 or you can abbort the installation, take out the target usb for a few seconds and reinsert it and start again to see if its recognised

your probably holding the camera in landscape [on its side] try holding it vertical

that is the main harddrive again it has NOT found the new usb only where you tried to install mint yesterday, so now we have another choice, we could try installing to the harddrive again using option 1 or you can abbort the installation, take out the target us for a few seconds and reinsert it and start again to see if its recognised
I'll try Option 1 again. Thank you.

no need to close down the live instalattion

it's so much easier by webchat, my brain works far faster than my fingers and i sometimes miss putting down my last thoughts but my mouth work just as quick [sometimes quicker than my brain or so the wife says] :D

it's so much easier by webchat, my brain works far faster than my fingers and i sometimes miss putting down my last thoughts but my mouth work just as quick [sometimes quicker than my brain or so the wife says] :D
You are truly a wizard! Thank you SO VERY much. I'm very grateful!

Dont go jumping about yet...
so it has installed to the Harddrive ! now we need to run a couple of test
remove all the usb's so you just have the basic lappy, and re boot.. this is to see if it fails to close down and re-start, then i will give you some terminal codes to run to check the machine out

that is the main harddrive again it has NOT found the new usb only where you tried to install mint yesterday, so now we have another choice, we could try installing to the harddrive again using option 1 or you can abbort the installation, take out the target usb for a few seconds and reinsert it and start again to see if its recognised
i 've not followed the full thread but if a system can acknowledge and read that Mint is on a computer that hints that the HD is operable and not as in John cleese sketch deceased ?

Dont go jumping about yet...
so it has installed to the Harddrive ! now we need to run a couple of test
remove all the usb's so you just have the basic lappy, and re boot.. this is to see if it fails to close down and re-start, then i will give you some terminal codes to run to check the machine out
Reboot successful and am at the home screen with "Welcome to Linux Mint" window.

Reboot successful and am at the home screen
EXCELENT.. now I am going to give you some terminal codes one at a time run them and copy the results back here
first one will tell me about your system
open a terminal [the black icon in the bottom left with $_ in the corner ] an type in inxi -S ... [inxi[space]-S]

EXCELENT.. now I am going to give you some terminal codes one at a time run them and copy the results back here
first one will tell me about your system
open a terminal [the black icon in the bottom left with $_ in the corner ] an type in inxi -S ... [inxi[space]-S]
First, let me explain that I didn't copy your forum handle. I've used wizard for about 20 years when I first became a hypnotherapist. Didn't want you to think I was weird or anything.

System:
Host: wizardcq-Latitude-3508 Kernel: 5.4.0-77-generic x86_64 bits: 64
Desktop: Cinnamon 5.0.4 Distro: Linux Mint 20.2 Uma

the next one will tell me about your sound card
inxi -A [inxispace-A]

First, let me explain that I didn't copy your forum handle
I Have had mine for over 50 yrs you are joining a BIG club we have lots of wizards on this forum

looking good
Now we will look at your Graphics and drivers
inxi -G [inxispace-G]

Members online