SOLVED! New Member with Old Devices

sorry forgot to say Good morning @CarolQ [although its mid evening here] I will be about [but not constantly for the next couple of hours

not a problem it keep the grey matter working..to install to ram as you did before yes that should be the one

Which one?

Attachments

• 923E0040-9056-48C6-98DA-1E745608C1B4.jpeg
    923E0040-9056-48C6-98DA-1E745608C1B4.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 178
first one

can you please try and post reports the right way up I am not a young man and I have an old neck injury [and no need to apolgise your not to know]

first one
"Unmount Partitions that are in use? The installer has detected that the following disks have mounted partitions. Do you want the installer to try to unmount the partitions on these disks before continuing? ......"

good evening @captain-sensible , if you have been following this thread we are going for an install to usb drive as a final test of Carols computer ..if it works we will know its a dud HD.

Evening :

to be fair i really should read up before i jump in

when you say install do you mean burn to a usb or actually fully install as you would to a hd ?

oh and which discs is it refering to

when you say install do you mean burn to a usb or actually fully install as you would to a hd ?
we have tried to install to HD yesterday and failed [see the reports on previous threads] this is a full install to usb as HD , if it works we will know for sure the onboard drive is shot

go back to where it askd you where to install it should show the old hardrive first and the usb your trying to install to underneath it make sure you have highlighted the usb then enter

the partition it has found is a hidden one on the old harddrive

go back to where it askd you where to install it should show the old hardrive first and the usb your trying to install to underneath it make sure you have highlighted the usb then enter
Okay, I'll quit the installation and start over.

Members online

Latest posts