Solved: Locked out of graphical

Linuxminthelp

Reaction score
Credits
Hi,
I have Mint with LightDM Cinnamon environment. I took a timeshift snapshot before installing safing.io postmaster. I decided I did not want it, so reversed back to the timeshift. Months later today, I try to open this .deb package and it says some type of Debian package error. So I delete it and reboot.

Now I'm stuck infinite login screen boot. I can't get the desktop. I can't get the terminal with alt control f1 or f10.

G'day Linuxminthelp, Welcome to Linux.org

Do you have a recent Timeshift snapshot ..?

I strongly doubt that safing.io had anything to do with the incident today

Just to be absolutely sure it is completely gone, run the following in Terminal

Code:
sudo apt purge portmaster

If you are looking for ""Portmaster is a free and open-source application firewall"".....

Then I can tell you with certainty, that the default Firewall will do the job for you

click on menu....type in Firewall.....then click on firewall and Enable it by switching it to on.

There is no need for anything else. Once it is turned on, it will survive shut downs and reboots.

The best source of Security in Linux....is you.

Stick to safe browsing habits, and avoid clocking on unknown emails and especially on links in their content....and you are more than 95% of the way their

Arguably one of the safest browsers available will be Brave Browser. Add a reasonably cautious 'you' to that, and you are safe.

I strongly doubt that safing.io had anything to do with the incident today

Just to be absolutely sure it is completely gone, run the following in Terminal

Code:
sudo apt purge portmaster
Hey I solved it.. Was disk space being full. Can you please delete this thread, sorry to take time up

Very good !

We don't delete threads here....they remain so that other people can see the solution.

Well done.

Last edited:
I restored the original question. Just changing the title to *add* the word 'solved' is adequate.

Members online