- Solved - LiveUSB installation of inxi

ArticOcean

Reaction score
Credits
Hii People,

May i know how to install inxi package when i boot up a laptop in a liveusb stick ?
I am using arch based linux endea distro
Code:
[[email protected] ~]$ sudo pacman -S inxi
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) inxi-3.1.04-1

Total Download Size:   0.21 MiB
Total Installed Size:  0.72 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
error: failed retrieving file 'inxi-3.1.04-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.alpix.eu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'inxi-3.1.04-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from ftp.acc.umu.se : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'inxi-3.1.04-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.linux.pizza : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'inxi-3.1.04-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from github.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'inxi-3.1.04-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from raw.githubusercontent.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to retrieve some files)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

[[email protected] ~]$ sudo su
[root@archiso liveuser]# sudo pacman -S inxi
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) inxi-3.1.04-1

Total Download Size:   0.21 MiB
Total Installed Size:  0.72 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
error: failed retrieving file 'inxi-3.1.04-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.alpix.eu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'inxi-3.1.04-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from ftp.acc.umu.se : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'inxi-3.1.04-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.linux.pizza : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'inxi-3.1.04-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from github.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'inxi-3.1.04-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from raw.githubusercontent.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to retrieve some files)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
[root@archiso liveuser]#
Thx

Last edited:

I am unsure how EndeavorOS is preconfigured compared to vanilla Arch. But is it only for that package or for any installation/updates/downloads?

I am unsure how EndeavorOS is preconfigured compared to vanilla Arch. But is it only for that package or for any installation/updates/downloads?
only for inxi package. I can't even install it just to hav a look at the hardware.
Usually, we can install in livecd.. it will be wipe out if reboot.. that i know.. because livecd stores stuff in ram only.

G'day @ArticOcean and welcome to linux.org :)

You first need to synchronise the databases that allow access to your Repositories

Code:
sudo pacman -Syy

... then run the install inxi command again.

BTW you do not need to use sudo su to do so first, but if you choose to become Root, you then do not need to use sudo.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Just noticed this Thread is in Forum Assistance, which is for questions on navigating and using this site.

Moving it to Getting Started.

Wizard

G'day @ArticOcean and welcome to linux.org :)

You first need to synchronise the databases that allow access to your Repositories

Code:
sudo pacman -Syy

... then run the install inxi command again.

BTW you do not need to use sudo su to do so first, but if you choose to become Root, you then do not need to use sudo.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
Wow! I got help from the Greatest Wizard of all time! Wopee!
My new year wiish is to have the flying Brooooommm! :p

Thanks.

Btw, there is not "closing of thread " or solved button somewhere to pressed ?

My new year wiish is to have the flying Brooooommm! :p

Witches use brooms, Wizards use a Flying Carpet for leisure, or teleport when in a hurry. :)

You could try editing your own Thread to put a

[Solved]

at the beginning, if not I can do it for you.

Enjoy your Linux and have a safe and Happy New Year

Wizard

Witches use brooms, Wizards use a Flying Carpet for leisure, or teleport when in a hurry. :)

You could try editing your own Thread to put a

[Solved]

at the beginning, if not I can do it for you.

Enjoy your Linux and have a safe and Happy New Year

Wizard
at the begining of msg or at the begining of title ?

Title, gotta fly (500 km road trip, carpet in for maintenance)

Members online