(SOLVED) Keybored acting weird

lofus

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

So i have been using linux for about a year now, i use KDE neon as my driver.

Today I have been using my keybored all day it worked all good, but just now I had a problem where when i pressed the "d" key it would output "sd" and other letters for dofferent keys, so i tried to restart thinking i turned on sticky keys by accident but now i cant get past my menu to get into my pc i have to press f1 but when i do it thinks i pressed f2 and sends me to dl inc, opliplex 3010 also when i press f3 it thinks i am pressing the caps lock key. I dont know what is going on

I did not drop or poor qnything on my keybored my keybored is not dirty or anything like that and also my keybored is not old i got it about 4 days ago.

If someone could tell me that would be awsome. Thank you

Last edited:

Update:

I have tried restartimg and pressing f12 to get boot option and picked the drive where i have my linux after i did that it seems my f1 works again but the keys still are weird when i get 2 keys when i only press one

Do you still have the keyboard you used before you replaced it?

Are you sure your keyboard isn't a secret lush? My keyboards tend to die because they drank some of my wine. It's easy to overlook that!

Anyhow, if you have the previous keyboard - have you tried it out? Do you have a spare keyboard to try?

It could EASILY be a faulty keyboard that just didn't last very long with usage.

I have posted a reply but it needs to be aprooved by an mod i think its because of the links. Am just worried because i did a google search and it gave me this

keyboard may behave weirdly when there are sticky keys or hardware issues. It may also act weird when it is under virus or malware

Am worried i have a virus in my pc, so thats why i am here.

We approve such posts in fairly short order.

Am I safe in assuming that this is a laptop? If so, does your laptop have a switch to turn off the internal keyboard? Many of them do - like an Fn + a function key that also has a keyboard on it.

Yeah, I'd look for a key combination (on the laptop keyboard) that lets you disable the internal keyboard. There's some chance that it's a BIOS option. Alternatively, you're potentially looking at taking it apart to disconnect the ribbon cable, per the post you linked. That's a pain, but generally not too hard.

Okay i will do that tomorrow because its 3:13 here and and there is no light in my basment where my tools are, so i will do it tomorrow and update this thread i will also buy a new keybored so if anyone has this problem they could idetify the problem by this thread

Thank you so much for you help and time u have spend helping me really value it, thank you

update:

Okay, so the problem was in the tape/strap I don't really know what was causing it but i unscrewed it and screwed it back and it seems to be working all good now i don't have any issues or anything thank you for the help once again.

and sorry for posting this here just didnt know where else to ask for help, but if anyone is having this issue just try to reconnect the strap and it should be all good

Don't apologise for posting here....you are always Welcome .

Members online

Latest posts