[SOLVED]KDE dual monitor unable to make a switch to a single monitor

B

brick2

After I managed to fix problems with wireless and graphics, I ran into a problem with KDE(nothing too serious).

I have a laptop and often it is plugged into an external monitor via HDMI. This works without problems.

Installed system is Debian jessie

The problem is following. I go to display configuration and I turn off the laptop monitor. It should switch to an external monitor and it does for about 3 secs and than it turns on the laptop monitor back on and reports

Executable: kded4 Segmentation fault

Can anyone shed any light on the matter.

I go to display configuration and I turn off the laptop monitor. It should switch to an external monitor and it does for about 3 secs and than it turns on the laptop monitor back on and reports
On the display configuration is there a tick box or boxes? Does the external monitor have a tick?

A last resort would be to remove your .kde folder however this will remove all your kde settings which is not good.

Is your X configuration settings setup for dual screen?

Yes I have the monitors to tick. Debian sees them both. It just extends the picture. That is all. And it when I tick one to be turned off it turns off for about 3 secs and gives me an error message stated above.

To add to this, I was unable to start 3D cube desktop effect. Get a message saying OpenGL is required. Perhaps it is related to the current problem.

Ok so a stupid solution to a stupid problem. Just set whichever monitor you wish to remain running to be the primary monitor and turn the other one off.

Staff online

Members online