Solved How to update Java on Linux Mint

Solved issue

CataclysmicGentleman

Reaction score
Credits
Perhaps this question has been asked before, but my MultiMC says I have java on my system, but that it isn't updated enough to run minecraft 1.19.3.

How do I check my java version and update it in the Terminal?

(I will check replies tomorrow after work)

Thanks!

Mint or Fedora?

I can move this to Linux Gaming if you like, because the Gamers will know what version of Java for Minecraft, and any alternatives.

Wizard

Mint or Fedora?

I can move this to Linux Gaming if you like,
My laptop uses mint, my desktop uses fedora. I am asking on behalf of my laptop.

Also yes please move this to gaming, thank you sir. :D

Perhaps this question has been asked before, but my MultiMC says I have java on my system, but that it isn't updated enough to run minecraft 1.19.3.

There is an internal/included version of Java that comes with Miinecraft, you can run that version.

1674924257944.png

@dos2unix I get this error when I try to run minecraft:
Minecraft 1.18 Pre Release 2 and above require the use of Java 17

their website deals with my error but the solution they provide does not work for me at the moment.

For Puppy, we just obtain it from the main Java consumer JRE downloads page. I unzip the tarball, extract the "jre" directory, then make up an SFS package that places it in the standard location in /opt......which I then make available to the community. You just load/unload this "on-the-fly", as & when you want to use it.

Richard Erwin (rerwin on the forums) has had available for some time an information/setup utility, which lets you manage your JRE install. I don't know where he got it from, but it's been working for us for several years.

Mike. ;)

Glad the problem has been solved.

Moving this to Gaming.

Wiz

For Puppy, we just obtain it from the main Java consumer JRE downloads page. I unzip the tarball, extract the "jre" directory, then make up an SFS package that places it in the standard location in /opt......which I then make available to the community. You just load/unload this "on-the-fly", as & when you want to use it just like this site with essays about JAVA assignments https://essays.edubirdie.com/java-assignment

Richard Erwin (rerwin on the forums) has had available for some time an information/setup utility, which lets you manage your JRE install. I don't know where he got it from, but it's been working for us for several years.

Mike. ;)
sometimes my head shuts down like it has a BSOD when i am trying to install something and when i fail...it's pretty insane,Thanks for sharing tho!

Staff online

Members online