{SOLVED} how to hide dynamic ip of home pi-server

price1221

Reaction score
Credits
So I'm hosting a website from my pi with a dynamic ip and im updating my dynamic ip by noip.com. This website gave me a url or domain when from other network i visit that url its redirecting to my public pi-server IP and exposing my public ip So how can i hide my pi server public ip? Without any costs

The only way to do that is to host your website as a hidden service with an onion address.

The only way to do that is to host your website as a hidden service with an onion address.

if i get a onion address then can i visit that via firefox or chrome? I know that cloudflare can hide ip everywell. f33dm3bits

Last edited:
thanks to
so you make a hostname by noip.com then go to freenom.com and make a domain server then after you have a domain name server and host name server. In freenom there's a redirect option you'll give the url you got from no-ip in the blanked box and wallah DONE.

Why no-ip because there is a app in no-ip called DUC if you install that DUC in you pi then the app will update your dynamic ip every 5min and there's the solution of converting dynamic ip to static ip plus you'll get a host name. freenom will cover you PubIP and give you a domain.

Be careful with freenom. If it's a domain you care about, and it gets any traffic, they can (and will) take back free domain names and sell them to someone else. Read their TOS carefully and be sure to search 'freenom.com' to find the horror stories out there.

if i get a onion address then can i visit that via firefox or chrome? I know that cloudflare can hide ip everywell. f33dm3bits
Yes but you have to be connected to TOR. You were asking free, I can't imagine that Cloudflare is free. As for free services, if the product is free you are the product. Since with TOR you can host and manage everything yourself you are not using a free service therefore you are not the product. One tip for you, search first for a solution or answer that works for you before asking for advice on a forum, that way you don't the waste the time of people that actually take the time to respond to you.

I can't imagine that Cloudflare is free.

They have a free tier. 'Snot too bad, either. Some of the goodies need to be paid for (of course), but it works fine as a free CDN.

Be careful with freenom. If it's a domain you care about, and it gets any traffic, they can (and will) take back free domain names and sell them to someone else. Read their TOS carefully and be sure to search 'freenom.com' to find the horror stories out there.

its just for personal home website you can say and im using a random domain so its okay ig

Yes but you have to be connected to TOR. You were asking free, I can't imagine that Cloudflare is free. As for free services, if the product is free you are the product. Since with TOR you can host and manage everything yourself you are not using a free service therefore you are not the product. One tip for you, search first for a solution or answer that works for you before asking for advice on a forum, that way you don't the waste the time of people that actually take the time to respond to you.

i did search for solution and all results have to do with static ip or website in another server.The solution i came with was totally creative i didnt got it from anywhere. Hosting a free site with dynamic ip with a domain which hides your ip.

Members online