[Solved] How can I reset my shifted background to its normal position?

D

Deleted member 143446

Hi, I am using Debian 11 Bullseye.

While I was playing a Simutrans pc game, while I was shifting the game map with right mouse button, my screen shifted to right! :
shiftedScreen.png

I asked the same question in Debian forum pages since it is a little bit urgent since my screen seems awkward!

Taskbar at the bottom of the window kept its position, but sometimes I need press on it to refresh its position.

Any answer will be appreciated...how can I shift my screen back to its normal position?

Last edited by a moderator:

generally go to system settings then click on Display and change the settings there to your correct resolution

generally go to system settings then click on Display and change the settings there to your correct resolution
Thanks Expirion for answer, but I noticed that my background shifted to right, not all screen. As a result, taskbar keeps it original position on screen, but background shifted. Do you know how to solve this kind of problem?

I haven't used LXDE in quite a while. It almost looks like you've created an extra panel. What do you see when you right click on the blank space?

I haven't used LXDE in quite a while. It almost looks like you've created an extra panel. What do you see when you right click on the blank space?
KGIII, you saved my night ! As you said, I rigth clicked the blank space at the left and I saw "Open Panel Settings"... etc.

I clicked "Remove Panel" and my problem solved ! Many thanks !

One more question, how can I mark that thread as solved by KGIII?

LOL No worries - I've done the same myself multiple times, but not in a while as I'm a Lubuntu user and we've used LXQt for a while now.

You can edit your first post and just add [Solved] to the title if you want, or I can get it for you.

I feared that, it is a kind of bug of OS that was hard to solve !!! Since I am new to Linux world, such things fears me... like a "blue screens nightmare of Windows" ! Ok, I marked as solved ! :)

Excellent.

If you're new, or even if you were not, feel free to stick around. We have a pretty solid group of regulars who offer assistance. As would be expected, we're all kinda experts in different areas. For example, I'm actually on the team that brings you Lubuntu - which comes with LXQt but was a lightweight distro with LXDE for many years.

Members online