Solution for RTL8188GU 802.11n WLAN Adapter

Bankrollmane

Reaction score
Credits
Just got a

AX1800 Dual Antennas High Gain Wireless USB Adapter​

from amazon but i cant install drivers on my kali linux which im dual booting on my hp
1664049150779.png

on
Distributor ID: Kali
Description: Kali GNU/Linux Rolling
Release: 2022.3
Codename: kali-rolling

Last edited:

Sorry to say, IF you do not have enough experience in Linux to find and install hardware drivers, then you are not experienced enough to be using Kali

Sorry to say, IF you do not have enough experience in Linux to find and install hardware drivers, then you are not experienced enough to be using Kali
i done research and i have tried installing the driver by different means yet i have had no luck

1664116327400.png

I managed to remove it from CDROM mode now i have all the necessary drivers install yet it only shows up when i list usb devices

And what dose inxi -Nn show

Your inxi is showing two wireless adaptors' device 2 with the correct driver loaded and device 3 without a driver loaded.
I assume that the TPlink is the USB dongle [they also use various Realteck chipsets it is also showing device 2 is down, this probably means you have a hard block on [some call it flight mode]
If you are using a laptop/netbook/Chromebook, then check the flight mode is not on [how to do this varies between makes and models then check in the network manager which is enabled [having both on can cause complications]

Members online

Latest posts